Why am I being offered a Chlamydia Test?
- If you are sexually active and aged 15-24, you should be tested for Chlamydia every year or if you change your sexual partner.
- For most people Chlamydia has no symptoms, so you probably won’t know if you or your partner(s) have it without having a test.
- Untreated Chlamydia can have serious long term health problems and may lead to you being unable to have children (infertility).
Ok, so what do I do?
- The test is FREE, simple, painless and confidential.
- You can do the test yourself – you do not need to be examined.
- Ask reception for a testing kit or ask for a testing kit when you go into your appointment .
If you are unable to do a test today you can also log on to: www.freetest.me.uk or Text TEST followed by your AGE and POSTCODE to 60777.
please see useful links